It is important to the VRC that individuals dealing with it are confident that the VRC respects their personal information and does not interfere with their privacy when handling this information.
The VRC abides by Privacy Principles under the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) and the requirements set forth in the SPAM Act 2003 (Cth). More information about the way VRC manages Members' personal information can be obtained by contacting the VRC's Privacy Officer.
- Personal Information
- The VRC holds and uses personal information about its Members, customers and racing participants under the Club's rules, the rules of racing and other relevant rules. Typically this information includes a person's name, address and any other information which is needed to maintain records in a format that identifies the person. These records are held by the VRC for the purposes of enabling the VRC to provide services to its members, customers and racing participants.
- Use and Disclosure
- The VRC may disclose the personal information held by the VRC to contractors and service providers engaged by the VRC to help the administration process and to provide its services. Personal information held by the VRC will not be used for any other purposes other than those described above and related purposes except when the individual has consented to the use or disclosure, or the use and disclosure is required as authorised by law.
- Once a person has given their consent for the use and disclosure of their personal information, they are able to withdraw such consent by writing to 448 Epsom Road, Flemington, VIC 3031 or by phoning 1300 727 575.
- Access to Personal Information
- A person has certain rights to access their personal information held by the VRC and they can find out more by contacting the VRC's Privacy Officer. A fee may apply. If the information held by the VRC is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date a person may request the VRC to correct the information.
- There are some circumstances in which the VRC is entitled to deny a person access to information. These include circumstances where such information is confidential or in a commercially sensitive decision making process, where the privacy of others may be breached if the information was accessed or where the law requires or authorises such access to be denied. The VRC's Privacy Officer will advise if any of these circumstances apply.
- Resolution of Privacy Concerns
- If a person is concerned about a possible interference with privacy, the person should contact the VRC's Privacy Officer. If the person's concerns are not resolved to the satisfaction of the person, the matter can be referred to the Privacy Commissioner on 1300 666 444.
- Contact the VRC's Privacy Officer
- Name: Lucas Robinson
- Address: 448 Epsom Road, Flemington VIC 3031
- Telephone: 03 8378 0710
- Facsimile: 03 8378 0723
- Email: Lucas Robertson
- Dated: 26 August 2008
- Issued By: Victorian Racing Club Ltd